We have tried to put a procedure in place that ideally allows for everyone to have the same opportunity. Please read the following instructions carefully, and proceed as the Lord leads you. These instructions explain how to secure your spot on the team(s) - any other form of communication will be considered informational only.
1. After reviewing the schedule page, please take some time to pray over where God wants you to serve - not what state you haven't seen or who else is going, but where you really feel led. Include your family in this prayer time, since they may be impacted by crusade dates as well.
2. Once you are confident that you are making a decision based on the Lord's leading, you should send an email to email@example.com to indicate your preferred crusade destination(s). You may select to go on as many trips as you feel led, however you should place them in preference order. Your name will be added to a temporary list of potential rostered MAs in the order the emails are received.
*This email only serves to get your name on the list - it does not guarantee a roster spot*
3. Go to the Documents page of this website and download the SPM application, the Federal forms required for all crusades, and the appropriate Crusade Agreement and Crusade Release for each crusade on which you are requesting to be included. Read these documents thoroughly and carefully - know what you are signing! These must be signed, dated, and witnessed, then scanned/emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to our Senoia, GA address as listed on that page. Mailing items to NJ or dropping them off at any other location will delay the process and may cost you a roster spot.
Note** SPM staff is not allowed to sign the witness line of the Crusade Release.
Note** Scans from phones and pictures (other than ID) will not be accepted; scans must be from an office machine as .pdf
4. Each Crusade Agreement must be accompanied by a $50 non-refundable deposit. This deposit can be via check or made via If deposit is being made online, choose My Gift For: Crusade Deposit and use the comments box on that same page to indicate the crusade destination for each $50 deposit. This deposit represents your commitment to the crusade, as well as demonstrates to potential supporters that you are invested with them.
5. The roster will be filled in the following manner: the emails -in the order received - will hold a roster spot until 90 days prior to departure date. However the spot is not guaranteed until all documents and deposit have been received and verified as complete. At 90 days prior to departure, that roster spot is forfeited and the next MA in the queue (with completed documentation) will be moved up to take that spot. Again - the only way to guarantee a spot on the roster is to submit the $50 deposit, Missionary-Athlete Agreement, and Crusade Release for each trip.
6. Clearance forms or other crusade-specific needs will be addressed once the roster is established. An MA does not need clearance forms completed to apply for a spot on the roster. However, if the forms show as available on the Documents page, the MA is welcome to complete them at the same time as the Agreement and Release.
7. If not currently serving on a Saints Prison Ministry athletic team, prospective MAs for each crusade are subject to an interview by an SPM designee before the roster spot is confirmed. Meeting the above requirements does not guarantee participation in the crusade, but is required to be considered.