2020 is the first year using this format for building the basketball crusade roster, so the format is new to everyone. We have tried to put a procedure in place that ideally allows for everyone to have the same opportunity. Please read the following instructions carefully, and proceed as the Lord leads you. These instructions explain how to secure your spot on the team(s) - any other form of communication will be considered informational only.
Transportation to and from the Saints office is the responsibility of the participant. If requested, SPM can provide assistance in securing transportation to the SPM office at an additional cost. Once at the office, all expenses of the trip are covered by the financial support requirement. In addition, any participant who is not a member of a Saints seasonal team is required to raise a team of 10 prayer partners to support this mission effort each day in prayer.
1. After reviewing this website, please take some time to pray over your involvement - specifically, is God calling you to serve in this way. Include your family in this prayer time, since they may be impacted by crusade dates as well.
2. Once you are confident that you are making a decision based on the Lord's leading, you should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your decision. Your name will be added to a temporary list of potential rostered MAs in the order the emails are received.
*This email only serves to get your name on the list - it does not guarantee a roster spot*
3. Go to the Documents page of this website and download the Crusade Agreement, Crusade Release, SPM application, and VA state forms. Read these documents thoroughly and carefully - know what you are signing! These must be signed, dated, and witnessed, then mailed to our Senoia, GA address as listed on that page or emailed. Mailing items to NJ or dropping them off at any other location will delay the process and may cost you a roster spot. Please note the instructions regarding forms being emailed.
4. SPM staff is not allowed to sign the witness line of the Crusade Release.
5. Each Crusade Agreement must be accompanied by a $50 non-refundable deposit. This deposit can be via check or made via If deposit is being made online, choose My Gift For: Crusade Deposit and use the comments box on that same page to indicate the $50 deposit is for the Old Dominion 2020 Basketball Crusade. This deposit represents your commitment to the crusade, as well as demonstrates to potential supporters that you are invested with them.
6. The roster will be filled in the following manner: the emails -in the order received - will hold a roster spot until 60 days prior to departure date. However the spot is not guaranteed until all documents and deposit have been received and verified as complete. At 60 days prior to departure, that roster spot is forfeited and the next MA in the queue (with completed documentation) will be moved up to take that spot.
7. Clearance forms or other crusade-specific needs will be addressed once the roster is established. An MA does not need clearance forms completed to apply for a spot on the roster. However, the only way to secure a spot on the roster is to mail in the Missionary-Athlete Agreement and Crusade Release for each trip.
8. If not currently serving on a Saints Prison Ministry athletic team, prospective MAs for each crusade are subject to an interview by an SPM designee before the roster spot is confirmed. Meeting the above requirements does not guarantee participation in the crusade, but is required to be considered.